Hey – I’m Alex McClafferty.
In 2013, I co-founded WP Curve, when it was doing less than $500 per month in revenue. By 2015, we had grown the business to a 7-figure run rate. In 2016, I ran the sell-side of our acquisition to GoDaddy. In 2018, I left GoDaddy to pursue my passion.
Today, I coach CEOs of fast-growing online businesses.
If you’re looking for an answer to any of the questions below, let’s talk:
- As a CEO, where should I be spending my time?
- What are the key hires I should make as my business scales?
- How do I double my team’s productivity without burning them out?
- What is the next customer acquisition channel I should pursue?
- How do I maximize the value of my company for an acquisition?
- What should I put in place so I can actually take a vacation?
- How do I identify and manage business-killing risks?
- What Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) should I set for my team?
- How do I have impactful one-on-ones with my team members?
- What priorities should I set so the team will achieve our vision?
- How do I build an amazing company culture?
- How can I get more visibility into the product development process?
- How can I free myself up from work I know I shouldn’t be doing?
- Who should I lean on when it all becomes too overwhelming?
Here are some kind words from people who know me.
“There are few who I trust as much as him.”
“In an industry full of wannabes, charlatans, and fakes, Alex is anything but. I first met Alex when he introduced himself at one of my events.
Since then he’s been a calm, trustworthy, and inspiring mentor to me. In other words, when I needed a solid opinion on my business or otherwise, there are few who I trust as much as him.”
~ Sam Parr | CEO, The Hustle
“You’ll get the results you’re looking for with Coach Claff.”
“If you want a no bullshit approach to supporting your growth and goals, so much so that it will hurt – then Alex is your guy.
My co-founder and I met weekly with Alex to discuss and strategize the most significant challenges we had at that time. After working together for eight months, Alex played a pivotal role in assisting us through a successful exit. His coaching, frameworks, and counsel were invaluable to us while navigating a hyper-emotional process. I’m very grateful we had Alex in our corner.
If you dare to hear hard truths, do the homework, and put it into action – you’ll get the results you’re looking for with Coach Claff.”
~ Stefan Teulon | CEO, Zunos
“I was present for the first 2 years of my son’s life.”
“After reading a blog post about how Alex built WP Curve, I sent him an email with a slew of questions. That email changed my life.
Alex helped me see what really mattered, nudging me in the right direction, asking the right questions and helping me envision ‘why’ I was building the business.
It’s interesting to look back on that vision now. It happened almost exactly as Alex said it would:
- We hit our revenue target one week before my 30th birthday – literally within 7 days of my initial goal.
- I took time off to be there for the first two years of my son’s life. That’s something most people learn later after regretting “missing out” on their children’s lives.
- My family and I moved into a new house and are getting ready for the arrival of our next child.
Alex’s insight, experience and willingness to help was instrumental in getting to where we are now.”
~ Jon Tucker | CEO, Helpflow
“I 4xed my income.”
“Alex has this rare ability to empathize while calling me out on all of my bullshit excuses. He’s always there to keep me honest and challenge me to think bigger.
Since meeting 3 years ago, I’ve used his advice to 4x my income. I would recommend him to any entrepreneur wanting to grow their company.”
~ Andrew Case | Founder, CharityWell
“In two months with Alex, I accomplished more than in the past 4 years on my own.”
“Alex has been a game changer for my life and business. As a solo founder, it’s a lonely journey. I meet with Alex weekly and he gives me that sounding board to validate my actions, and he keeps me focused on the ideas and things that matter most.
With Alex’s help, I literally took an idea from concept to $20K MRR in 60 days. My personal income hit new heights and continues to grow month over month.
To add to that, I am not stressed because I have been able to build a team of quality people around me and give them autonomy and direction they need to run this business.
For years, I tried to go it alone which led to mediocre businesses that all fizzled out and died. In two months with Alex, I accomplished more than in the past 4 years on my own.”
~ Jake Jorgovan | CEO, Lead Cookie
If you’re interested in learning more about how I can help you achieve your goals, set up a free 30-minute call here.